Forum Index

Audrey's Dashing...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Audrey's Dashing... Reply with quote

http://www.dashingkal.blogspot.com/
BonnieSD
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Dashing Reply with quote

Still trying to navigate my way around here. Smile Can't seem to locate the other posts regarding "Fetching". I made several pair of Fetching before I decided I liked them longer. On the other hand, I made two pairs of "Dashing" and think they're way too long. I haven't tried making them shorter yet. But I really like both patterns.
jackieknits
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Audrey's Dashing...... Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
http://www.dashingkal.blogspot.com/

Holly, the link didn't work, nor did typing it in. Do you know if it's still active? or did it move?

Ravelry ID: Jackie-Knits
BonnieSD
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Dashing pattern Reply with quote

Right, the link above didn't work for me either. You can still find the pattern here:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/PATTdashing.html
Nanette
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to try some fingerless mitts. This sounds like a great pattern to try. I'm up for a KAL.
CyndyW
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are nice. Wonder if hubby would wear them Question
Nittineedles
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My husband wears the grey/blue/green pair at the 12 o'clock position in the picture here: http://www.greasy.com/nittineedles/fingerless_gloves_needles_free.html
BonnieSD
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: KAL for Dashing etc. Reply with quote

I like the blue/green ones shown at the link you posted, but I haven't tried making a pr. with the fingers knitted in like that yet. I think I could handle it though, even as a beginner. Smile

My husband does wear the pair of "Dashing" I made him, but mostly in the house in our chilly computer room.

I'm not sure how to organize a KAL, but if someone else would like to do it, I'll participate. However, this pattern only takes a couple of days to make. It's very easy. (I would like to try a shorter version too.)

As I said, I would eliminate several of the plain rows between the end of the cable and the thumb, to shorten them by quite a bit. (Mine turned out at least 12" long total and I think they'd look better shorter. The other point I'd mention is that the cable is quite long and you can't really recognize that there is a cable until you put them on.)
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: KAL for Dashing etc. Reply with quote

BonnieSD wrote:
I'm not sure how to organize a KAL, but if someone else would like to do it, I'll participate. However, this pattern only takes a couple of days to make. It's very easy. (I would like to try a shorter version too.)

Easy - just start a thread in this part of the forum and let everybody know what you're suggesting. Very Happy

From past experience, I'd suggest a type of pattern (eg fingerless gloves) rather than a specific pattern (eg Dashing) as it gives people the option of knitting something similar if there's something about a specific pattern that they don't like.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Knit-a-longs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: