Forum Index

New Drawer Full of Dish Cloths (6/07)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great Holly.

And yes, I'll arrange the Christmas card swap again.

Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly, I posted your cloth on Tuesday. ( Forgot to enclose front page of mewspaper Embarassed ).
Hope you get it soon and that you like it.

Miles knitting socks on treadmill....14

http://traceyscrafts.blogspot.com
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be pressing my nose against the window watching for the postman!
Laughing
Paula
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. T does that Holly and his fur sticks to the window Laughing
Tay
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paula wrote:
Mr. T does that Holly and his fur sticks to the window Laughing

That's one thing I love with the Parlor; I get the giggles Laughing Laughing
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Mr. T........last night one of my cats came running top speed across the room and 'meant' to duck under the footstool.....but forgot to lower his head....that cat is such a fool.
Rolling Eyes
Tay
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing see what I mean, I finally quit giggling over Paulas' comment, then along comes Holly. Know that if anyone heard me they would think I had lost it 'cause I'm the only one in the house.
carold

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: christmas card exchange Reply with quote

oh thank you so much, kathryn. sending and receiving all those christmas cards last year was so much fun. your a jewel for setting it up. carol
Paula
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Speaking of Mr. T........last night one of my cats came running top speed across the room and 'meant' to duck under the footstool.....but forgot to lower his head....that cat is such a fool.
Rolling Eyes

They're meant to be clever but I'm not so sure Confused Mr T has discovered the next door neighbours bird table because my sons bedroom window overlooks their garden and he's taken to sitting in the windowsill (with his nose pressed up against the window of course) but I'm a little concerned he might try a surprise attack and climb out the top window (which is usually open) and pounce on the birds from above, so I've shut the window and am constantly having to keep checking that it's shut.
Tay
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paula wrote:
Holly wrote:
Rolling Eyes

They're meant to be clever but I'm not so sure Confused Mr T has discovered the next door neighbours bird table because my sons bedroom window overlooks their garden and he's taken to sitting in the windowsill (with his nose pressed up against the window of course) but I'm a little concerned he might try a surprise attack and climb out the top window (which is usually open) and pounce on the birds from above, so I've shut the window and am constantly having to keep checking that it's shut.

I'm a bird watcher, Paula, so I really am glad to hear you say that. We have been feeding the birds & squirrels for quite a few years now. Last year we received new neighbors, with 4 cats, and they don't control any of them. Not only do they chase (and yes I've seen them get some) the birds, but they dig in my flower garden. We've spoken to them numerous times but as our village does not have a law on cats, there's nothing else we can do. I don't dislike cats and our daughter is a cat lover, but if I wanted cat doo in my flowers, I'd have my own cats. I would never cause them any harm but this summer I bought a water squirt gun. They now know what it looks like and run when they see it.
Paula
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea Tay, a water gun is ideal because it fends them off without any harm and they soon learn so they'll stay away. We have two old cats that dont go out much so we have a tray, it's hard work cleaning it each day but at least our cats don't annoy the neighbours so better relations all round. Mr T bought a bird home once when he was younger (he's two) and got a right telling off and to be honest he hasn't done it since but he does bring sloworms in constantly throughout the summer and I have to put them back out in the garden, luckily they are never hurt at all. We have a large open fish pond in the garden with fairly large fish and he watches every feedtime but has never touched the fish. Cats are quite capable of learning just as dogs are but people dont seem to bother, my family is fascinated by the way Mr T knows my voice and does as he's told and I'm the only one who can call him and he'll come and sometimes he must be quite a way off because it takes him a few minutes to get here but then I was brought up with dogs and have always trained my cats just the same Laughing

Gypsysnail, have you received your cloth yet, in my eagerness to get it posted I forgot to put in my newspaper page, sorry Embarassed
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dad sometimes looks after puppies which are being trained to be Guide Dogs [Seeing Eye Dogs]. He was out walking with one a while ago which bought a pheasant to him. He was quite taken aback, and told the dog to drop it, after which the bird flew off completely unharmed. My dad let the dog run free again, at which point it tried to catch another one. Strangely it was kept on a lead for the rest of the afternoon!

DH and I have 2 cats, and they know that when we're watching tv, they have to come and sit on our lap if they want to be in the same room as us. We also have a water gun, but haven't had to use it recently.

Young Knitter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gyspsysnail, have your cloths arrived yet? We'd love to hear about them, or better yet, see a picture. Smile It always amazes me the patterns that you can knit into something so small.
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seeing and hearing dogs are a wonderful aid to those who need them, I don't have any experience with them personally but I've seen programmes on TV about them.

I agree Kathryn about the intricate pictures you can get onto the dishcloths, I love the dragonfly one that I've done quite a few times now and I've discovered a hummingbird one and Bobbles the sheep so I shall be doing those next.

This is turning into a discloth, cats and dogs thread, lol Laughing
sweetknittinkimmee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gypsysnail
I'm almost half way finished with your cloth, I had too stop on it. I had some personal issues going on but i will try and get it out too you as soon as i finished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dish Cloths All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: