Forum Index

keep me going...please.....!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
terry427
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your loss, Kathryn, you'll be in my thoughts. To answer your questions about car knitting, thankfully I am able to knit almost anywhere, including the car! I do plan to take the cloths with me to FL, and my goal is to actually finish a dozen on the way there and back. If I miss that goal I will be in BIG trouble! Laughing

Grannie, what a generous offer to help me out, and thank you, but I would never want to impose on any of you to do that. I'll get them done, I just need your push at my back to keep me plodding along.

This week has not been a kind one for knitting time. Work has overtaxed me but today I am off. I have a hair-color appt. and a stop at my lys so the woman there can show me how to sew pockets on a reader's wrap I made (with all the knitting I've done, I've never sewn on a pocket)! and then I will be in for the evening curled up with a dishcloth on my needles. I hope to get a good bit of knitting time in this weekend, so on Monday I hope that my total to report is, well, let's go for 5. That would mean I would make 3 over the weekend, since 2 are already done. I'm also promising myself 1 hour a day on my socks, otherwise I'm afraid withdrawal will set in and my hands will curl, I will start to shake...you know how it goes! Laughing

"See" you soon, everyone, and thanks!

Terry
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both.

I fared quite well with knitting time, and almost managed to finish a worsted weight sock.

Terry, if you get a chance, I'd love to see a picture of your wrap. It's one of my "to knit" projects.

Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathryn, I will most definitely take a picture of the wrap, and I'll do my best to work on posting it when I return from FL.

And now my drum-roll is not quite as loud as I would have liked it, but I did finish 2 dishcloths and I'm in the middle of a 3rd. I would have made my goal of 3 over the weekend, but the last cloth I'm working on had two mistakes in the pattern and I had to rework some of it. That's okay, it's coming along nicely and I'll have it finished up tonight.

And now do you want to be sure that I am certifiably crazy?! I've decided to knit a reader's wrap as my gift for the party! I just came back from my lys, I chose a very pretty nutmeg color (not my first choice, but they didn't have enough of what I really wanted, which was a gorgeous burgandy). I'm going to use Merino Superwash, and I'm adding this to my FL project load. I feel like the wedding that I'm actually going to FL for is the smallest part of the trip--it's really a knitting journey! Laughing

Well, now I need to go get dinner started and then it's a knitting night to look forward to. I'll keep you posted. (and feel free, send me a slap in the head for being over ambitious.....) Very Happy

Have a great night all!
Terry
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Terry. If we don't see you for a while, we know why!
Bohemian Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry - you certainly are ambitious!! I do hope you manage to get all your projects done - I think its great - you make me feel better because although I haven't set time goals - I have so many projects I want to get finished asap!!
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you getting on Terry?
Kneedle Clicker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the dishcloths are taking too long to finish, how about just making fifteen of those and fifteen of the little circular scrubbies on this pattern?

http://tankhouse.knitability.com/freepatterns/DishClothDuo.pdf

They are really quick and easy to make. I know they are smaller than the dishcloths but they look so cute (like little swirls of ice-cream!) and more intricate that I don't think anyone would feel they are less favoured because they got one of those and other people got a dishcloth.
terry427
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone! I'm back, and I just wanted to let you know that while away I DID come to my senses and decided to do a raffle kind of thing at the party instead. Just before I left at the end of October my guest list for the party grew as a few people asked if they could bring someone along. So, I made about 15 dishcloths in total, and I made 6 of the scrubbies that Jonaana suggested (thanks, Jonaana) when I got back and I now have 8 raffles--3 dishcloths each x 5, and 2 scrubbies each x 3.

While away I also started the flower scarf that's in the Fall issue of Vogue, the 25th anniversary issue. A friend of mine admired the scarf in the magazine and I decided to see how it would turn out. The flowers are so simple to make and they stitch up so fast! I used a pearl in the center of each, attached them to the scarf and had the whole thing done in no time! My friend just loves it, I gave it to her for her birthday last week when I got back.

So now I'm settling back into the daily grind and getting ready for the party--it's off to work now for me. Have a nice day, everyone!

Terry
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Terry.
Very Happy
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you're relieved now that you don't have to think about making all those dishcloths. Wink

Welcome back.

Bohemian Knitter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a sensible idea Terri - hope you manage to get everything ready for the party - it should be easier for you now!
janaana
Kneedle Clicker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you found the scrubby pattern useful. It must feel great to have finished knitting all the items you need now. That flowers with pearls scarf sounds beautiful too.

I hope you enjoy your party!
Pat
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got company Terry. I started making bath cloths for the veterans. There's around 24 of them. Well I was doing fine until my neighbor came in and commented on how she liked them. So I gave her 2. Then my daughters came in and I gave them each 2. Shocked . Thank God my son lives 3 hrs. away Laughing . I feel like the hamster in the wheel. And now I'm making 5 pairs of slippers for Sat. morning when I drive to my sons house for Thanksgiving. We love to torture ourselves don't we? Do you think I can drive and knit at the same time Laughing ?
hils
Bohemian Knitter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we could do that Pat - pity we can't invent a way of making more hrs in the day Laughing Laughing
BarbSz
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janaana, I need to thank you as well for the scrubbie pattern, I added them to the gifts I made, they were a big hit, and so easy to make. Thank you Very Happy

http://barbsz-lifeisgood.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dish Cloths All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: