Forum Index

Christmas gift knitalong
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finished all of my knitting apart from the second washcloth. I started it last night, and am about 1/3 of the way through. We don't travel up to the in-laws until Christmas afternoon, so I still have plenty of time to finish it.

It was my friends birthday yesterday, and she loved the Montego Bay scarf and gloves. The mobile phone sock only took a couple of evenings, and is wrapped up for her as a Christmas present. I made sure I took some photos of everything before I gave them, and will share them with you after Christmas.

Mother Christmas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a pic of my last knitted gift for a friends daughter.
GrannieAnnie06
Crafter Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!!!

I'm already looking forward to next Christmas, and have decided to knit 12 face cloths for my brother over the course of the next year. They will be white, and identical... and elegant in their simplicity... Wink
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knittingmama wrote:

Frances - you did a terrific job on the hoodie! (I'm still fussing away on mine), and the dinosaurs are so cute.

Thank you. We delivered them today. The girls were not overly enthusiastic about the home made toys and sweaters, but their parents liked them. My niece kept saying she'd wished she'd had it the day before so Gen could have worn it in her Santa Claus photo.
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KatKnit....love those cables........
norfolkknitter
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These projects all look and sound great! Well done everyone!

I'm getting closer to the end of the list... another pair of childs' handwarmer finished this morning and a soapsack and 2 washcloths done tonight...

This all despite an hour of excitement just as I was about to go to bed... it's freezing and foggy out and our house is on a narrow country road on a bad bend... there was an almighty crash outside and DH went out with a torch to see what was going on... to find one of the bottle banks from the village hall recycling point overturned in the road... glass everywhere... so he blocked the road one side with our car and stood at the other and phoned the police... we're not in a high crime area, but this last week there have been 2 robberies within 1/2 a mile of us... people we know... anyway, the police arrived and one of their suggestions was that it was a distraction to them while someone did something else in the way of a break-in as they cannot leave the scene until it's all sorted and it took another 1/2 an hour for the Highways people to come with shovels and brushes and clear it all up... so I made cups of tea...

Now it's after midnight and I'm off to count sheep and contemplate how to catch 4 cockerels who are being collected in the morning for despatch into a friend's pot... I'll be sad to see them go as they were from our very first brood of chicks and are spectacular to look at... I must photograph them... but they are also brutalising the girls, so it's time they went...

Still a glove to go... and some felting to do tomorrow...
knittingmama
Green Thumb Knitter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just a wee bit more to do on DH's glove, and I will be able to wrap them. BIL's hat is finished and MIL's gift needs to be washed because it just got kind of cruddy in the hoop. Other than that, all I have to do is wrap about a billion things for the kids. I will start after they go to bed. They are watching "Robbie the Reindeer" until 9:00, so it might be a late on for me tonight.
Kathryn
Young Knitter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Robbie the Reindeer! Very Happy

All my knitting is done, all I have to do is weave the ends in on the 2 washcloths, and then wrap them.

Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had to post, even tho its after Christmas day and all the wonderful knitted and handmade goodies have been given. If only the recipients could read what I have just read...I'm frazzeled and limp just reading the efforts y'all put into those items!!! If the phrase "its the thought that counts" were really true we could blink those wonderful sweaters and mittens and dishcloths into being like Jeannie the TV genie...but truthfully it takes dedicated, push the limits, tear your hair out, just one more row, LOVE to make them happen...and I wish Y'all could hear the round of applause I'm giving You! Bravo Ladies!!!
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right.....I have spent hours on projects and somehow I know the recipient, even if they truly seem grateful, have no idea how long it took out of my life to make.

Perhaps we should only gift our handknit items to other knitters who would KNOW.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Knit-a-longs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: