Forum Index

I was wondering?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momgreaves
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: I was wondering? Reply with quote

Has anyone ever tried the cotton chenille yarn? I saw some in the Pattern Works catalog and it looks luxurious!! I was thinking it would make lovely gifts, but was curious how it knit up.

http://www.patternworks.com/productdetail/932.htm

I noticed that my Aunt's MIL uses hand knit dish cloths and thought I would make a package and give them as a Christmas gift this year. I don't think this would be the right yarn for dish cloths however.
knittingmama
Green Thumb Knitter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That yarn does look yummy, and one of the patterns you can get is for face cloths.
Holly
Old Knitter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is the same yarn I saw at the yarn shop it's flat not rounded stranding. I wonder if they make it rounded as well now....I saw it years ago.
Kansas Granny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: COTTON CHENILLE YARN Reply with quote

I bought two skeins of the Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille Yarn in June. It cost $7.50 for a 100 yard skein. Pretty pricey cloths in my opinion! They turned out nice, with soft slightly fuzzy feeling on your face. It's like knitting with a strip of suede, but is 100% cotton. However, on the inside label of the skein, it said to hand wash and lay flat to dry. I made 4 facecloths and gave them all away. Seems like I rarely keep anything I make for myself. LOL
norfolkknitter
Parlor Resident

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of balls of Rowan chunky chenille in my stash... I had a bundle of it and crocheted (Sp?) a table runner... I think my mother will be getting a scarf with the rest... it's very soft, but a flat, rather than round... I did enjoy working with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dish Cloths All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: